Filipino Trials Community

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

chain rings....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 35
Bike : Merida_Matts_TFS-100xc@yahoo.com
I ride a : 26" tama ba? haha
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: chain rings....   Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am

sirs! i would like to ask wat brand of chain ring set is good for beginners and what would be the cost, can i buy those in quiapo?...i still use a 27 speed shimano deore Smile...i don't think it would be okay, a little heavy..Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zteg43
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 3067
Bike : echolite 07
I ride a : mod
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:41 pm

tanggalin mo lahat ng malalaking chain ring. tira mo yung granny or yung pinaka-maliit. 22t, then set mo yung cog mo sa 19t or 18t. shoot na yun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dyanilaotattoos.multiply.com
davidoff
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 1153
Bike : Street Preachers, Onza T-Master
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

korekek, tangal yung dalawang malaki.
tus maganda din kung mapalitan mo ng bash ring foe proteksyon.

gawin mo ding firm nang konti ang chain mo, magbawas ng links kung kinakailangan, para di kakalog kalog pag tumatalon talon ka...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

zteg43 wrote:
tanggalin mo lahat ng malalaking chain ring. tira mo yung granny or yung pinaka-maliit. 22t, then set mo yung cog mo sa 19t or 18t. shoot na yun.

sir thank u po...di ko alam na nababaklas pla ung plato...panu po ung sa sprocket? kelangan ko po tlgang bumili ng single lng? tsaka panu po ung roller? tanggalin ko na po un dba?...pero tlga po bang dapat single speed lng pag nag trials?..tnx po ulit sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzard
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Yup, trials are supposedly single speed. But sometimes it's riders choice to use single ring up front and the whole cogset on the rear. I think Je-ar is still using middle and granny chainring up front and 8speed cog on the rear. This is because he use is bike to go to work. Joolz have that kind of setup back then. Then shift to granny (front) and 19t or 18t (rear) when in trials mode.

born BUTTERED forever be BUTTERED
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davidoff
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 1153
Bike : Street Preachers, Onza T-Master
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:49 pm

may mga crankset (plato) na removable ang mga rings,
meron itong 4 okaya 5 bolts. pero meron din naman di talaga nababaklas bro.
check mo nalang kung may tornilyo...

maganda nyan, makontak mo talaga sina abe.
jerome pwede mo din post yung rig mo, para pag aralan natin magiging diskarte natin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:27 pm

davidoff wrote:
may mga crankset (plato) na removable ang mga rings,
meron itong 4 okaya 5 bolts. pero meron din naman di talaga nababaklas bro.
check mo nalang kung may tornilyo...

maganda nyan, makontak mo talaga sina abe.
jerome pwede mo din post yung rig mo, para pag aralan natin magiging diskarte natin.

sir eto po ung pics nung bike ko.

merida matts tfs-100xc na 16" ,
wheel set ko po da bomb, non series na shimano ung boha
26x2.1 cst tires
dabomb short stem and handle bars
suntour epicon fork
da bomb pedals
shimano brakes
shimano deore set

pang trail po yan sir..kya kelangan po ng modifications for trials...

[img][/img]

front:
[img][/img]

back:
[img][/img]

front:
[img][/img]

back:
[img][/img]

...anu po judgement nyo sir?? kelangan din po palitan ung rollers dba? sna nga po macontact ko na sila sir abe...

tnk u po
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzard
Torero
Torero

Number of posts : 2951
Bike : Adamant A2 / GT Chucker
I ride a : Stock
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:26 am

No need for modification bro. I suggest get a trials bike...Don't destroy the harmony of your build.

But if you really wanna do it, this is what I suggest.

1. Remove fork and replace it with a rigid. This will make your BB low as in very low. If you don't want to use rigid. get a fork with 50mm travel.

2. Remove stem and change it with a longer and higher degree angle. I think thomson has a good stem. This is to make your bike a bit longer.

3. Remove saddle and look for a smaller plastic saddle to replace it. Lower your seat post toto it's maximum. This is for less hassle and to give you more space with your bike.

4. Remove the outer most ring of your crankset and replace it with a bashguard. This is to protect your cranks if you bash through walls/ledges

5. I know you want to use it for other purposes not just for trials so retain shifters and cogset. Just shift to granny (22t) in your front and 18t in your rear when in trials mode.

6. remove the bottle cage. No use when doing trials.

7. Wider rim (atleast 32mm or 38mm or 46mm) and wider tire (around 2.35-2.5) for the rear. This to absorb heavy impact. Grind your rim's sidewall.

8. remove Handlebar andreplace it wider one. Atleast 700mm in length. This will help you with balance.

9. Remove disc brake on your rear and put a descent vbrake. Shimano XT or Avid arc rival. with trials specific brake pads or you can use mob regular pads as an alternative. Add a booster. This is for a sudden stopping/braking.

I think that should work. But be carefull in learning pedal kick, it will wreak your rear hub.

born BUTTERED forever be BUTTERED
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

nikkocholo wrote:
No need for modification bro. I suggest get a trials bike...Don't destroy the harmony of your build.

But if you really wanna do it, this is what I suggest.

1. Remove fork and replace it with a rigid. This will make your BB low as in very low. If you don't want to use rigid. get a fork with 50mm travel.

2. Remove stem and change it with a longer and higher degree angle. I think thomson has a good stem. This is to make your bike a bit longer.

3. Remove saddle and look for a smaller plastic saddle to replace it. Lower your seat post toto it's maximum. This is for less hassle and to give you more space with your bike.

4. Remove the outer most ring of your crankset and replace it with a bashguard. This is to protect your cranks if you bash through walls/ledges

5. I know you want to use it for other purposes not just for trials so retain shifters and cogset. Just shift to granny (22t) in your front and 18t in your rear when in trials mode.

6. remove the bottle cage. No use when doing trials.

7. Wider rim (atleast 32mm or 38mm or 46mm) and wider tire (around 2.35-2.5) for the rear. This to absorb heavy impact. Grind your rim's sidewall.

8. remove Handlebar andreplace it wider one. Atleast 700mm in length. This will help you with balance.

9. Remove disc brake on your rear and put a descent vbrake. Shimano XT or Avid arc rival. with trials specific brake pads or you can use mob regular pads as an alternative. Add a booster. This is for a sudden stopping/braking.

I think that should work. But be carefull in learning pedal kick, it will wreak your rear hub.

tnk u po sa mahabang suggestions sir Very Happy...madugo-dugo to...thank you po. malaking tulong po to....mabuhay pinoy trials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abe
Sport
Sport

Number of posts : 146
Bike : Onza T-master
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Bro, eto yung mga bikes namin dati. Vision Pursuit is a good frame to start with, pero if you have the budget, you can start with a specific trial bike.

http://www.pinoytrials.com/bike-trials-media-f6/bulacan-trial-bikes-rides-t575.htm?highlight=bulacan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Abe wrote:
Bro, eto yung mga bikes namin dati. Vision Pursuit is a good frame to start with, pero if you have the budget, you can start with a specific trial bike.

[url=http://www.pinoytrials.com/bike-trials-media-f6/bulacan-trial-bikes-rides-t575.htm?highlight=bulacan
http://www.pinoytrials.com/bike-trials-media-f6/bulacan-trial-bikes-rides-t575.htm?highlight=bulacan[/quote[/url]]

wow..kelan po kya nxt ride nyo?? alam ko po ung place na yan, sa lumbac yan dba? sa may sto. rosario chapel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abe
Sport
Sport

Number of posts : 146
Bike : Onza T-master
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 pm

Tama, dun nga yun! Baka stroll lang kami bukas within Pulilan on our MTB, you can join us. Regarding kung kelan kami magkakaroon ulit ng trials ride: di ko masabi dahil sa Calumpit na ko nakatira at wala naman akong wheels. Mahirap kasi i-angkas ang bike sa jeep, maraming driver ayaw pasakay yung bike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerome_sc
Lurker
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Abe wrote:
Tama, dun nga yun! Baka stroll lang kami bukas within Pulilan on our MTB, you can join us. Regarding kung kelan kami magkakaroon ulit ng trials ride: di ko masabi dahil sa Calumpit na ko nakatira at wala naman akong wheels. Mahirap kasi i-angkas ang bike sa jeep, maraming driver ayaw pasakay yung bike.

tnk u po...cguro po sana sa next trial ride nyo mkasama ako. thank u po ulit..mabuhay pinoytrials :DD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chain rings....   

Back to top Go down

chain rings....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1